Program Questions

Who will lead the tour?
The teacher/tour leader who is sponsoring the tour will be the tour director.

How will the tour be chaperoned?
The teacher/tour leader determines how many chaperones are needed and who will be chaperoning.

How can we reach our child in an emergency?
You may call Educational Tours on our 800 number 24/7 to reach your child.

What type of accident insurance is offered?
We offer optional supplemental travel insurance to each person on tour through a third party. The optional insurance form will be mailed to each participant after receiving your initial deposit and application in a Welcome Pack.

Are meals with dietary restrictions provided?
We will make every effort to work with each dietary restriction.

When will I see an itinerary?
The tour leader usually sees a rough draft about 2 months prior to departure. The guests typically get the final itinerary about 4 weeks prior to the tour. The tour leader decides how to distribute those.

Can I make specific air arrangements?
You may in writing ask for special air deviations. We will check and advise as to differentiation in cost.

Can I use frequent flier miles?
You may wish to use your miles and line up your own air. Mark the application as a “less air” participant.

What should my child pack?
We send suggested packing lists to the director, which they share at parent informational meetings.

How much baggage can my child bring?
We recommend that students bring one suitcase and one carry-on bag. Please remember that students are required to carry their own luggage at times, so keep the weight manageable. The cost for checking baggage is not included in the program price, and travelers should be prepared to pay these fees upon check-in for both departing and returning flights. Please check your airline’s website prior to travel for up-to-date information regarding these fees.

Who does the medical release form go to?
The medical release form is mailed to each participant in the Welcome Pack and should go to the tour director prior to trip departure.

What type of travel documents are required?
School ID for students, drivers licenses for students over 16, and government issued ID’s for all adults. Birth certificates for all cruises beginning and ending in US ports.

How much spending money should my child bring?
Your child should have enough money for lunch daily and for any incidentals such as souvenirs. In most cases, all activities and most meals are included.

Call Now Button